CITYNET Internships at the Secretariat
CITYNET provides opportunities for students to get involved with CITYNET and its programmes and activities and deepen their knowledge of urban development studies mainly in the Asia Pacific Region. Interships are usually for 3 months minimum and take place at the Secretariat Office.
CITYNET has hosted interns from around the world and provided a wide-range of learning experiences focusing on our city-to-city cooperation and cluster approach in areas such as environmental issues, urban planning and infrastructure, and Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
- understanding the day-to-day activities of an international organisation
- contribute and take part in the planning phases of projects and activities
- data gathering, research and analysis
- learn about the ties between Asian countries between themselves and globally
- networking and associate with other international organisations and NGOs
- contribute to our online media, publications and newsletters
- professional development and on-the-job skills training