Cities and organisations have seen the relevance of being part of CITYNET. Our members have benefited for the various aspects of urban expertise and know-how. These include capacity-building in terms of training, seminars, forums and workshops as well as our flagship city-to-city cooperation programme featuring technical exchanges and advisory services. Many of these take place within the focus areas or priority clusters as identified by our members.
Simply put: together we can do more.
- To attend the relevant training programmes that CITYNET organises for its members in the priority areas.
Sponsorships for members from Least Developing Countries for attending these programmes may be available.
- To access and learn from best practices in action.
Through CITYNET's efficient City-to-City (C2C) exchange programmes, cities can apply to receive a team of experts from another city in the Asia-Pacific in an area of choice, or visit a city to observe best practices first-hand and lessons learned.
- To establish a stronger identity in the Asia-Pacific and beyond.
CITYNET is the voice of Asia-Pacific cities and organisations and raises its members visibility and presence in the international arena. It takes the strong and united voice of members in the Region to international fora. CITYNETs advocacy makes sure your point-of-view gets attention at critical urban events around the world.
- To receive prompt and timely technical support.
Cities,organisations, NGOs and private companies are resource pools of technical and managerial expertise. Being part of CITYNET means having access to this vast network of technical and management know-how exactly when you need it.
- To become better equipped to apply for funding from the development and other donor agencies.
Through CITYNETs extensive experience in this area, members acquire expertise in making project proposals and applications for funding. Members also receive help in finding suitable project partners from their chosen part of the world.
Criteria: Full Member
- cities located in Asia and the Pacific region
- population of at least 100,000 included within its borders, (cities with less than 100,000 population in developed countries are acceptable)
- Have the ability to actively contribute to the Network
For other membership types please see CITYNET Membership Criteria List.