Secondment Staff Programme - Eligibility
Candidates should be full-time permanent employees of a CITYNET member city/organisation (city, National Level Organisation (NLO), or Developmental Authority (DA).
QualificationsIdeal candidates should be /have:
- enthusiasiasm for developing and promoting CITYNET activities
- between 25-35 years of age (preferred)
- interest in urban development issues and/or international cooperation
- ability to work in an international environment
- willingness to work as a member of the CITYNET team
- good health, physically and mentally
- at least three years work experience
- a working knowledge of relevant office software such as Microsoft Office for Windows (MS Word, Excel, Power Point) and preferably Microsoft Access and familiarity with the Internet
- fluency in both written and spoken English
- a university degree, preferably related to urban studies or other urban issues, such as urban planning or international development (post-graduate candidates are welcome)
- cultural adaptability to live in overseas country and adopt to a new environment/be interested in other cultures
Terms & ConditionsTenure and position
The one-year programme starts from April 1st and ends on March 31st of the following year.
CITYNET supports this programme by subsidising local transportation and living costs during the Secondment tenure. The Secondment staff's city/organisation shall provide an lalowance to cover living costs (a minimum of no less than JPY1,000,000) in addition to his/her salary and regular allowances during his/her tenure and a round-trip air ticket from his/her home country to Japan.I understand the above terms and conditions.